This policy was last updated on 9/1/23.
- On the Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Information collected by third parties.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Website is not intended for use of children under 16
The Website is intended for users over the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should cease using the Website. No one under age 16 should provide any information through the Website.
We do not knowingly collect information from any individual under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected or received information from an individual under the age of 16, without the verified consent of a parent, we will immediately delete the information. If you believe we have unknowingly collected information from an individual under the age of 16, please contact us at lauren @ laurenfromscratch.com.
Information we may collect
We collect information from and about the users of the Website, including:
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information, which is defined as information that would personally identify you, such as your name and email address. Under certain location-based rights, such as GDPR, this is synonymous with personal data.
- Non-identifying Information: We may collect information about you, but does not identify you personally, such as your browsing habits.
- Technical Information: We may collect information about the technology you are using to access the Website, such as your internet connection, browser, and other usage details.
Sensitive personal information
How we collect information
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website
We may collect personal information if you voluntarily submit it to the Website, including, but not limited to:
- Making a contribution to the website, such as leaving a comment or rating
- Subscribing to a newsletter or providing your email address to obtain a free resource
- Submitting correspondence to us, such as entering your information into a contact form
- Entering transactions with the Website
- Creating a user profile, which allows you to establish a username and profile
Information We Collect from Others
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked, or details related to your Website visit.
This automatically collected information does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect. This helps us improve our Website.
We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
You may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if you deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Other Tracking Technologies
How your information may be used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To provide information or services that you request while using the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To market products through display or affiliate advertisements;
- To market to you on third-party platforms, such as Meta;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter unauthorized or illegal activity;
- In any other way described to you at the time your information is collected;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How long we keep your personal information
If you have an account with us or have registered to use our services, we keep your personal information for as long as you have that account. We keep your information to respond to inquiries, demonstrate completion of our services and compliance with the law.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated or non-identifying information about our users to third parties without restriction.
From time to time, we may share your information with third parties, such as:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who we use to support the Website, which are further detailed below.
- To our successor or buyer of the Website in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale, liquidation, bankruptcy, or other corporate event which may result in the transfer of the Website.
- To fulfill the purpose that you provided your personal information. For example, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we will share your information with the software provider we use for our mailing list.
- With your consent.
The Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Flodesk – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications. Flodesk will also track information regarding your interaction with our emails, such as whether they have been opened or you have clicked on a particular link.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information:
- To comply with a court order or any other legal process.
- If we believe it is necessary to protect the rights or safety of our company or third parties.
This Website uses Google Analytics 4 (“G4”) to analyze traffic to the Website. In order to track usage, Google uses a first-party cookie to ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
We may use data from G4 with Google Ads or Signals, which does include a cookie and may transfer your personal information to these services.
Your contributions to the website
If you make certain types of contributions to the Website, such as leaving a comment/rating, certain information may be publicly visible.
Additionally, we may limit access to certain Website content so that it may only be accessed if you have created a user profile. In the case that such content is limited, we make no guarantees that this content will not be publicly visible in some way.
Please ensure that you do not make any contributions to the Website which may contain sensitive information or personal information that you would not wish to be accessible to the public.
Your choices regarding how we use and disclose your information
We aim to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. You can control certain disclosure of information in the following ways.
Do Not Voluntarily Disclose Your Information
If you do not want to voluntarily disclose your personal information, you may elect not to disclose your information to us.
You may adjust your browser settings to refuse all or some cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC's requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information has been collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels. You may turn off cookies, as stated above.
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Lauren From Scratch is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
You may refuse these cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
You may opt-out of future newsletters at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button.
Residents of or those domiciled in certain locations may have additional rights and choices related to their personal information. Please see the section below.
Rights related to your personal information
Certain consumer privacy and data protection laws may provide residents of or those domiciled in certain jurisdictions with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. The following sections will apply, as stated, to the residents of the particular jurisdiction.
European Union and United Kingdom
If you are domiciled within the European Union or United Kingdom, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or UK GDPR. Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect and how it is used. Under these laws, we are a data controller and must provide you with certain information regarding the data we collect, our legal bases for doing so, and your rights related to your data.
Our legal bases for collecting your personal data:
- Consent – We may process information if you have provided us with your consent. This includes all voluntarily captured personal information or any information for which you have given us consent.
- Performance of a contract – We may process your information to perform a contract.
- Legitimate Interest – We have a legitimate interest in capturing information related to marketing activities and fraud prevention. Additionally, we capture information regarding your interactions with the Website to ensure that our Website is operating properly and to allow us to make improvements. We may also keep information regarding your interactions with the Website as a form of recordkeeping. We do not process your personal information on this basis if it is outweighed by the impact such processing may have on you.
- Legal Requirement – We may process your personal information if it is necessary for a legal obligation, such as security.
- Vital Interest – We do not process your personal information on this basis.
- Public Interest – We do not process your personal information on this basis.
Where We Hold Your Data: Generally, your personal information may be held in our offices (including our affiliates or parent companies), third-party companies, data processors or service providers.
You also have the following rights:
- Right to Be Informed – You may be informed as to how we use your personal information. This notice includes much information about this, but you may also inquire with us.
- Right to Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request.
- Right to Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us at the email below to be removed from our mailing list.
- Right to Amend/Rectify – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
- Right to Erase or Be Forgotten – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data.
- Right to Restrict Processing – Similar to the right to erase, you may request that we restrict processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to port your personal data, when applicable.
- Right to Object – In some situations, you may have the right to object to how your personal data is being processed by filing a complaint.
- Rights related to Automatic Decision Making and Profiling – You may have the right to not be subject to automatic decision making and profiling.
You may exercise any of these rights by emailing lauren @ laurenfromscratch.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law. Unless you exercise such rights, we reserve the right to retain your data.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California’s Shine the Light law permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to lauren @ laurenfromscratch.com.
Last updated: 9/1/23